OWA Airport Manager
Assistant Airport Manager
Oscoda-Wurtsmith Airport opened as a public airport on December 1, 1993, following the closure of Wurtsmith Air Force Base. Initially the Airport was operated by the State of Michigan through the Wurtsmith Base Conversion Authority. On October 1, 1994 the Oscoda-Wurtsmith Airport Authority assumed this responsibility.
The Authority was organized under the provisions of the Michigan Act 206 of 1957 and is comprised of five municipal constituents; Oscoda Township, AuSable Township, Greenbush Township, Iosco County and Alcona County. The purpose of the Authority is generally to operate and maintain a public airport.
The Airport is capable of offering 24-hour near all weather daily access. Fix Base Operating (FBO) services, including aircraft fuel sales and flight school, are available through Phoenix Aviation Services.
Industrial Building & Development Site Lease Offerings
The Airport has a variety of industrial buildings and aircraft hangars that are being made available for lease by aviation and non-aviation business activities. The Airport Authority
Business Development Opportunities
Land leases are available for aerospace development complexes and businesses that require convenient access to the Airport’s 11,800′ runway.